2016 STIHL MS 311
New modern farming and landscaping chain saw
The MS 311 is a powerful chain saw for farming and landscaping that comes with stratified scavenging engine and fullfils all emission regulations. Comes equipped with a new handle system with three special springs for lower vibration levels, an air filter system with pre-separation for a much longer life between filter changes and a high torque over a wide RPM range making this unit an excellent choice for farmers and landscapers.
- Displacement (cc): 59
- Power output (kW/bhp): 3.1/4.2
- Weight (kg / lbs): 6.2 / 13.7
- Bar options (in): 16, 18, 20
- Anti-vibration system: Intense vibration at the handles of power tools can lead to long-term effects on blood vessels in the hands and arms. STIHL has therefore developed an effective anti-vibration system whereby the oscillations from the machine's engine are dampened which significantly reduces vibrations at the handles.
- Reduced-emission engine technology: 2-stroke engine with stratified charge. A fuel-free layer of air is created between the burned charge in the combustion chamber and the fresh charge in the crankcase, reducing the amount of fuel lost during the charge cycle. This results in more power with a lower weight, up to 20% lower fuel consumption than regular 2-stroke engines and significantly reduced exhaust emissions.
- Advanced combustion technology: Four overflow channels swirl the fuel-air mix before ignition, allowing for optimum combustion and highly efficient performance. The result is lower fuel consumption and high torque across a broad rpm range.
- Pre-separation air filtration system: STIHL long-life air filtration systems with pre-separation achieve perceptibly longer filter life compared with conventional filter systems. Air drawn in is swirled. The larger, heavier particles are ejected. The pre-cleaned air is routed to the air filter via the pre-separator duct.
- Tool free filler caps: Special catches on the fuel and oil tanks for easy opening and locking without the need for tools.
- Decompression valve: The decompression valve is part of the easy starting system. The valve should be pressed before starting to reduce the compression pressure when starting, as well as the effort needed to pull the starter rope. The decompression valve is semi-automatic; it must be pressed manually before starting, but then closes automatically.
- Compensator: This controller in the carburetor prevents the fuel-air mixture getting richer as the air filter becomes clogged. The correct quantity of fuel is delivered to the carburetor depending on the quantity of air passing through the air filter. This keeps the fuel/air ratio in the combustion mixture constant and hence also the engine power. The filter doesn't need to be cleaned until an appreciable drop in power occurs.
- Ematic chain lubrication system: The Ematic chain lubrication system ensures pinpoint lubrication of the saw chain links and guide bar rails. When used with STIHL OILOMATIC saw chain, it will provide maximum lubrication, longer wear and less oil consumption than conventional methods of chain lubrication. The Ematic system can reduce bar oil consumption by up to 50%.
- Side chain tensioner: The tensioning screw can be found on the side of chain saw through the sprocket cover. This removes the need for contact with the sharp saw chain.
- Single-lever master control: All important functions such as start, choke, throttle and stop are operated via a single lever.
- Variable-displacement oil pump: The exact chain oil output can be adjusted manually for varying conditions, allowing for a reduction of up to 50%.
- 59 cc
- Horse Power
- 3.1 kW (4.2 bhp)
- 6.2 kg (13.7 lb.)
- Bar Length Options
- 16, 18, 20 in.