2016 STIHL MS 250
Step up from the MS 230 with an excellent power-to-weight ratio
The MS 250 is a mid-sized chain saw that will deliver great power to get through those bigger cutting jobs. A combination of features such as the STIHL Quickstopinertia chain brake, Master Control Lever, anti-vibration system, carburetor preheat shutter for summer/winter operation, toolless fuel and oil caps with retainers, and a high power-to-weight ratio, makes this unit a great chain saw for home or small property owners.
- Displacement (cc): 45.4
- Power output (kW/bhp): 2.2 / 3.0
- Weight (kg / lbs): 4.6 / 10.1
- Bar options (in): 16, 18
- Anti-vibration system: Intense vibration at the handles of power tools can lead to long-term effects on blood vessels in the hands and arms. STIHL has therefore developed an effective anti-vibration system whereby the oscillations from the machine's engine are dampened which significantly reduces vibrations at the handles.
- Tool free filler caps: Special catches on the fuel and oil tanks for easy opening and locking without the need for tools.
- Ematic chain lubrication system: The Ematic chain lubrication system ensures pinpoint lubrication of the saw chain links and guide bar rails. When used with STIHL OILOMATIC saw chain, it will provide maximum lubrication, longer wear and less oil consumption than conventional methods of chain lubrication. The Ematic system can reduce bar oil consumption by up to 50%.
- Side chain tensioner: The tensioning screw can be found on the side of chain saw through the sprocket cover. This removes the need for contact with the sharp saw chain.
- Single-lever master control: All important functions such as start, choke, throttle and stop are operated via a single lever.
- 45.4 cc
- Horse Power
- 2.2 kW (3.0 bhp)
- 4.6 kg (10.1 lb.)
- Bar Length Options
- 16, 18 in.