2016 STIHL MS 170
Compact gas chain saw for property maintenance
The MS 170 is a light, powerful chain saw for homeowner use. This unit is ideal for cutting firewood, trimming small trees and general clean-up tasks around the home or cottage. It includes many features like the STIHL Quickstop inertia chain brake, Master Control Lever and anti-vibration system. This saw offers professional quality for a great price.
- Displacement (cc): 30.1
- Power output (kW/bhp): 1.3/1.8
- Weight (kg / lbs): 3.9 / 8.6
- Bar options (in): 16
- Anti-vibration system: Intense vibration at the handles of power tools can lead to long-term effects on blood vessels in the hands and arms. STIHL has therefore developed an effective anti-vibration system whereby the oscillations from the machine's engine are dampened which significantly reduces vibrations at the handles.
- Compensator: This controller in the carburetor prevents the fuel-air mixture getting richer as the air filter becomes clogged. The correct quantity of fuel is delivered to the carburetor depending on the quantity of air passing through the air filter. This keeps the fuel/air ratio in the combustion mixture constant and hence also the engine power. The filter doesn't need to be cleaned until an appreciable drop in power occurs.
- Ematic chain lubrication system: The Ematic chain lubrication system ensures pinpoint lubrication of the saw chain links and guide bar rails. When used with STIHL OILOMATIC saw chain, it will provide maximum lubrication, longer wear and less oil consumption than conventional methods of chain lubrication. The Ematic system can reduce bar oil consumption by up to 50%.
- Single-lever master control: All important functions such as start, choke, throttle and stop are operated via a single lever.
- 30.1 cc
- Horse Power
- 1.3 kW (1.8 bhp)
- 3.9 kg (8.6 lb.)
- Bar Length Options
- 16 in.