2016 STIHL FSA 85
Powerful and light cordless trimmer
The FSA 85 comes equipped with innovative features like a 14" cutting guard for a larger cutting path, straight shaft for improved reach, an adjustable speed trigger switch for better control, and a front protection guard for close trimming around fences and trees. The FSA 85 is the ultimate lithium-ion trimmer experience.
- Rated Voltage (V): 36
- Line Cutting Head: AutoCut® C 4-2
- Sound Pressure Level (dB(A)): 77
- Weight (kg / lbs): 2.8 / 6.2
- Safety locking button: All STIHL battery products have a locking button with which you can lock the device. This prevents the grass trimmer starting unintentionally when a live battery is inserted.
- Adjustable Handle: With the thumb screw, the pre-assembled, ergonomic loop handle can be adjusted to the desired position without tools.
- Hanging loop: Hang your cordless brushcutter securely on a wall to save space using the loop in the handle housing.
- STIHL Electric Motor (EC): The STIHL electric motor (EC) is extremely energy efficient, lightweight and compact. It runs quietly, generates very low vibrations and does not require servicing.
- Spacer bracket: Practical spacer bracket for mowing along obstacles and around trees and bushes.
- Lithium-ion battery (sold separately): Powerful lithium ion battery pack compatible with all STIHL cordless machines. The battery pack can be charged several hundred times without the capacity decreasing significantly. No memory effect and constant power while in operation. Allows operation for long periods, just like a gas machine. Available in two performance classes: AP 80 with 80 Wh, and AP 160 with 160 Wh. Includes a charge level indicator with four LEDs for indicating the charge level. Rechargeable with STIHL charger AL 100 or AL 300.
- Charger (sold separately): Two chargers are available: the AL 100 standard charger and AL 300 quick charger. For 100% charge, the AL 100 charges the AP 80 battery in 100 minutes, and the AP 160 battery in approx 165 minutes. The AL 300 quick charger charges the AP 80 battery in 50 minutes and the AP 160 battery in 60 minutes.
- Engine Type
- Lithium-Ion battery powered
- 2.8 kg (6.2 lb.)