2016 STIHL BR 500
Low-noise professional 4-MIX backpack blower
The BR 500 professional backpack blower is a low-noise unit, thanks to its sound dampening material making it ideal for use in noise sensitve areas producing only 65 dB(A). Powered by the fuel-efficient STIHL 4-MIX engine and a simplified starting procedure for single-handed operation, and an ergonomic mount for operator comfort, this unit sets new standards in the industry for a powerful yet ‘low-noise’ backpack blower.
- Displacement (cc): 64.8
- Power output (kW/ bhp): 2.0 / 2.7
- Weight (kg / lbs): 10.1 / 22.3
- Sound pressure level (dB(A)): 65
- Air volume (cfm): 544
- Air velocity (mph): 181
- STIHL 4-MIX® engine: You can always rely on STIHL to keep setting new benchmarks this time with 4-stroke mixed lubrication technology. The STIHL 4-MIX® engine, which runs on a fuel-oil mix just like a 2-stroke, offers the benefits without the compromises of 4-stroke power. STIHL 4-MIX engine technology provides fast acceleration, more power, added torque, lower noise, reduced emissions and increased fuel efficiency to complete jobs quickly, quietly and more easily.
- Anti-vibration system: Intense vibration at the handles of power tools can lead to long-term effects on blood vessels in the hands and arms. STIHL has therefore developed an effective anti-vibration system whereby the oscillations from the machine's engine are dampened which significantly reduces vibrations at the handles.
- Built-in sound damper: The BR 500 with built-in sound damper is built for use in noise-sensitive areas. The measured noise reduction for the human ear is up to 59% compared to the previous model** Despite the relatively low noise emission, the BR 500 is a strong, reliable helper with high performance. **Measured according to EN-ISO22868.
- Multi-function control handle: Easy, comfortable thumb-operated control means the operator's hand never leaves the handle.
- 64.8 cc
- 10.1 kg (22.3 lb.)
- Air Velocity
- 181 mph